Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-07-2005 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber

Help with portfolio submission

Hi, hope this isnt a stupid question but when putting work done using a Simply Maya tutorial into my portfolio do I need to provide information (for copyright reasons) like "image based on Simply Maya Oliphant Tutotial" for example.

Someone please help as I do not what to infringe any copyright laws and im not even sure if im allowed to put in work done based on tutorials into a portfolio.

# 2 01-07-2005 , 12:19 PM
Subscriber
I don't know but even if it isn't a legal requirment i'd still give credit. But i doubt i'd use tutorial work in a portfolie anyway. For a start there's a chance the person you'll be showing the portfolio to could have seen the tutorial and end up wondering how much of the rest of your work is tutorial based.

# 3 01-07-2005 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
ah k then -- its just during the tutorial videos they are always saying "to get it looking good for your portfolio" or somthing like that so i just thought that it wasnt detrimental to use tutorial based work, but now i can see your point.

# 4 01-07-2005 , 09:05 PM
Once you've learnt what the tutorial is teaching you, "re do" the tutorial, only this time with your own character design/animal/enviroment/vehicle etc.

The same techniques should apply.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 01-07-2005 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
If you start with something similar like a rhino, you'll find it even easier to trasfer the skills.