Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-07-2005 , 09:57 PM

CV Curve lines dissapear behind Image Plane

When I make an image plane in the side viewport and use my
cv curve tool to outline it. The lines are actually behind the image plane so I cant see them unless I look at them from another viewport.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

# 2 02-07-2005 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
Hello smontoto.

Set the alpha gain in the attribute editor for the image plane so that you get some transparecy to it. Or you can set shading>xray(6.5) so you also can se through the obejcts in one of the panels. I think there's other paths to find xray mode in different Maya versions.

user added image

# 3 03-07-2005 , 01:48 AM
I will try that, but is it supposed to do that or am I doing something wrong?

I am watching Lynda.com maya training and doing exactly as the instructor did, but his has no problem seeing the curves but mine you cant see..

I am also using the reference material provided on the training dvd, also I am using Maya 6.5 also.

Thanks

# 4 03-07-2005 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
I actually had the same problem, but i don't think theres anything wrong i think it's pretty logical. And that's how i solved i solved ituser added image

bye

# 5 07-07-2005 , 01:43 AM

Re: CV Curve lines dissapear behind Image Plane

I've had the same problem but overcame by selecting my image plane & moving it far enough away from the origin so the curve i was drawing was in front of it in each respective view.