Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-07-2005 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber

Calling Michael McKinley

Hi Mike,

Due to visual effects work I'm starting to get back into Maya after having strayed a bit into Cinema 4D. I am looking into books on Maya and especially on character animation, etc. I'm not specifically interested in game characters so much as I am in creating and animating characters. Is your book appropriate for someone like myself?

Thanks,
Todd

# 2 12-07-2005 , 04:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think so. You could just ignore the stuff referring to game art limitations and it should be fine. You'd pretty much just not have any limitations if not creating for a real-time application.

# 3 12-07-2005 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, Mike.

You've received 5-star reviews on your book, so I'll be sure to get my own copy.

Cheers,
Todd