Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-08-2005 , 09:55 PM

rendering without maya problems

ahhh im having problems!!! i try to go to my command propt and type render and it doesn't do S@#t and then i type
render -s 1 -e 150 -cam persp boat.mb (boat is the name of the file) and nothing happens. the computer doesn't recognize the the command render but with everything i have heard this should work. so then i try to right click the file and there is suppose to be an option called render.. and there isn't.. i was wondering if i miss installed maya or if there is a plug-in i need to have checked. i don;t know which plug-in does what exept for some like cloth and ut2k4 plug-ins.. so im really fustrated and i need help.
~~~PLEASE HELP ME!!!~~~

# 2 06-08-2005 , 10:25 PM
ok i tried a few more things. first i tried typing the promp in the maya log itself this isn't working becuase it doesn't recognize the flags (i used the - button two to the left of the backspace button) maybe there is another button like it and im typing it wrong then i should say that im using a nice computer. i have a gb of ram a nice nvidia graphics card so those shouldn't be the problem.
this really sucks that it wouldn;t work
~~~PLEASE HELP ME!!!~~~

# 3 07-08-2005 , 06:39 PM
Subscriber
render -r mr -proj <project path> -s 0 -e 100 -cam persp1

render <-r = renderer then u specify the name of the renderer u r using.. in this case MR, then u specify a project path [not always required] -s start -e end frame numbers

-cam which camera to render through
etc..

this is just a basic example, look in the doc for more flags.