Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-11-2008 , 07:03 PM

Making objects appear mid-animation

First of all I need to give you an idea of how much of a newb i am... I started a Digital graphics and animation class this year and was supposed to go through the whole adobe creative suite then move on to maya second semester... I finished the creative suite in about 2 weeks and had nothing to do so the teacher decided to move me up the the second level class, which meant iwas gunna spend a whole year in maya and have to keep up with the kids who had already had a semester of experience in maya. I had never used maya until 3 weeks ago and i had toget some quick tips from a friend of mine on how to make frames to make simple animations to keep my grade up ( I already know more than the teacher so she is not much help) I dont know any technical terms but I can learn really really fast thats about it.

So... on with the question... I have been working on an animation and I need an object i have created to be there but it just needs to appear in fram 60 and dissapear in frame 65, so far i have just saved screens of it there and then before and after i scale it down to almost nothing but I realize when i start making more complex movies having the extra clutter will be really really bad so did anyone know how to make objects appear and dissapear like that??

# 2 18-11-2008 , 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
You can right click on the visibility attribute and put some keyframes on it.

user added image

- Genny
# 3 21-11-2008 , 06:10 PM
thanx so much lol i was doin crazy stuff to make stuff to make things seem to dissapear before

# 4 15-02-2013 , 07:57 AM

making objects disappear in maya

i know you can make objects disappear from your scene by keying the visibility, but what if i want the transition to be gradual ? im working on an animation and i need an object to slowly appear, i think i can make an alpha render pass (matt) and animate it in after effect, this is my first major animation and im also new, please help!!!!

thanx so much lol i was doin crazy stuff to make stuff to make things seem to dissapear before