Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-09-2005 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber

What path to take for game programming?

Hey guys, long time no talk!

School has been really busy for me lately and theres just so much to do and no time! Anyways, i'm in engineering and I have to learn C and a bit of C++ in the first term and its really quite fascinating with everything you can do. I wouldn't mind just learning how to tie it all in together with some of my old models and stuff.

If anyone knows a lot about this and where its at today, i was curious where i should start. Like where are good tutorials that are up to date and if i should go with directx or opengl or either user added image. Anyways any imput would be great! Thanks

Matt

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 23-09-2005 , 03:10 PM
I had to do C++ at uni for 2 years, bored the hell outa me!!

I used some books to learn it and I think one had some simple games tutorials, it was a boreland (think its spelt something like that) book as we were using their builder

# 3 09-10-2005 , 03:06 PM
Im at University doing Computer Science, but they have extra modules where we can have gaming development paths.

My first module (my first year) i chose to do Models/Animation instead of PhP. Thats how i started to use Maya (and have less than 9 weeks to submit a model)