Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-09-2005 , 05:30 AM

Skin Binding

user added image

I can't figure out how to just make the arm move without a piece of the cheek or any other part of the body to move with it.

all i've done is made a skeleton and then bind skin to the object (model)

what am i doing wrong. ?

~Eric the Butch~
# 2 20-09-2005 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
Select the model then...
In the animation menu set go to Skin=>Edit smooth =>Paint skin weights tool then click on the option box.
Under the influence tab, select the hip or leg (the joint closet to the moving leg).
Under paint weights select add and then hold down LMB and drag the brush over the vertex in the leg to attach that skin to the joint, that should fix the problem.
Then do the same to the face except select then neck or head joint to bind the skin to.

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 22-09-2005 , 08:01 AM
wow!! thanks for the help!! i spent like 3 days trying to work it out myself. i could say i was 1 step there i knew i was close when i read about wrights, but i never could figure out how to work it user added image

cheers!

~Eric the Butch~