Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 28-09-2005 , 08:38 PM
Hey every one I have a new update on the Mosque project!! I am very excited about this project. Hey vietcong thanks for the help on creating windows. Are there any sugestions for a good texture??? I played around with this one for about five minutes or so, nothing to fancy yet, but it is comming along

Thanks for all your support and encouragement

Leland Webb

Webb Creative Arts

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 28-09-2005 , 11:54 PM
Really like what you have so far, looking forward to seeing more user added image

# 18 29-09-2005 , 05:03 PM
the textures for the brick work looks great, how's you do that?

# 19 01-10-2005 , 11:51 PM

update!!

:attn: Hello every one!!!:attn:

I just thought I would drop in and give you all an update on the Mosque, it is comming along great!!! I have another question if someone could help me out with it, it involves the resolution of the final image, I read that maya will only put out at 72 DPI and that there is another setting that I have to change to make the actual size of the image larger and then bump up my resolution in Photoshop or something, any ways here is an updated pic, C&Cs are always welcome from everyone. As far as the texture on the previous image all I did was make the color a cream color, and then I used the stucko texture for the mapping texture and there you have it, but I chose not to stick with that texture and tried this new one. Let me know what you all think!!

Thanks

Leland Webb

Webb Creative Arts

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 02-10-2005 , 12:07 AM
It doesn't look too bad, but looking back at your original picture, aren't they a lot more dusty, and aren't they supposed to be under construction? How true to the original seen do you intend to be?

# 21 02-10-2005 , 12:16 AM
The construction of this Mosque started before OIF 1, after we started bombing over there, it was never finished. My goal on this project was to finish the mosque to see what it might look like if it were ever completed. I want to get it just as close to real looking as I can, but I dont know how to do stuff with the textures and lighting, so far this is all experemental. The colors that I chose are what alot of the buildings have on them that are here in Iraq. The domes on the buildings are usually different colored mosaics, some are turquise with other colors and designs mixed in with arabic writing. for some reason they love to have arabic words all over their buildings here in Iraq. Thanks for the reply!!

Thank you

Leland

Attached Images
# 22 02-10-2005 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by alienscience
Yes the blueprints will help.......ALOT. And welcome to SM man.

PS. I support you guys over there.

Ok, well first off, all I said is that I support "you guys" over there. Not the war. It was vietcong that started the fight, not me. (just for the record, I dont need another jackass mark for my simplymaya record, I have pissed off people anough). But anyways, great work, this reminds me of the taj mahal. Where exactly do you work with maya?

PS. This question probably was already asked, I just didnt want to get mad reading through the pro/anti war posts.