Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-10-2005 , 10:51 PM

Maybe there's a faster way --

Just wondering -- if you have a bunch of polygons you wish to combine all together into a single polygon -- is it possible to do other than my current way of delete faces/create polygon tool on remaining vertices/combine with original mesh/merge the vertices?

Edit: Ubersecret reason -- saves me from having to delete history 2x during the modelling of a simple 20-poly model (which during its lifespan at one point was like -- 4000, or more, back down, back up, back down, etc.)

Last edited by Phopojijo; 07-10-2005 at 10:59 PM.
# 2 08-10-2005 , 11:27 AM
isnt there a collapse verts option or something?
you could write a MEL script to collapse a selection of verts into one based on the centroid of the group. That should be easy enough.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 19-10-2005 , 08:37 PM
Sorry for the bump but it might be helpful for other people... kind-of a "duh" thing when I thought of it.

Just delete the edges...

Man I feel stupid now :p