Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-11-2005 , 12:24 PM

Really dumb question

How do i make two vertices one?

The thing I want to do is make half a sphere and a cylinder to one poly mesh.

# 2 24-11-2005 , 12:39 PM
get the move tool and go on one vertice and then drag it to the one you want it to merge to whilst holding down either v or c, cant rmember, and it will snap to the vertice.
then you must merge them, highlight them both and go into polygons and click merge

# 3 24-11-2005 , 12:41 PM
v snaps to vertex; c snaps to curve

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 24-11-2005 , 12:42 PM

Originally posted by clopper
get the move tool and go on one vertice and then drag it to the one you want it to merge to whilst holding down either v or c, cant rmember, and it will snap to the vertice.
then you must merge them, highlight them both and go into polygons and click merge

The problem is that i cant find the merge thing.

# 5 30-11-2005 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
Make sure you have the "modeling" menu enabled, and drop down the "Edit Polygons" menu, and it should be right there.

-DX-