Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 151 11-11-2002 , 07:39 PM

11 pages already

Here’s my concept art for my mech insect. It’s a tiny surveillance bug.
I have not started to model it and I don't think I'll make it in time for the deadline but...user added image I'll try.

Last edited by Jesus; 11-11-2002 at 07:43 PM.
# 152 11-11-2002 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber

Concept Art

The Sketch looks very promising Jesus...come on...make something Godlike !!

user added image

b u l l e t

# 153 11-11-2002 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
"bullet youve got to be in the top 5 modeler's in this site and you're showing every ounce of it man congrats"

Thx mumbojumbo..that means much to me..really...I'm doung my very best...but I'm just scratching the paint of the possibilities of maya..have already much to learn...but I'm still young...you'll hear from me in the near future...that's a promise ! user added image

ADL...some parts are already animateable...used the connection editor...connected some parts together, with some driven key's for the animation...but the decision if I'm going to animate this thingie has not yet been taken....

First of all, I have to finish the head...step by step....

# 154 11-11-2002 , 09:06 PM
Kevin
hahahaha i have just seen jesus avatar above LOL

I bet someone complains LOL - anyway yep a agree ...top top work guys

# 155 11-11-2002 , 09:09 PM
Kevin
wow just seen yours also donkey! you are progressing nicely!!

# 156 11-11-2002 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
thanks adl, the legs are still welded to body. but i look into it - wanted to make a thing like the protection of manual gear stick to connect the legs to body - but i dont know how yet user added image

and i got my graphire2 today :banana: now i can try to paint some textures user added image

# 157 11-11-2002 , 11:02 PM
Hi Guys!

We´ve got a new competitor and from the looks of it, could be a great entry. Be sure to actually model it Jesus, there´s still some time so give it a try. (Maybe call up some heaven intervention?) :p
StoopidDonky, that looks better already, however shader might just get in the way for the time being since you´re yet modelling right? Good work though ... seems to be dedicated. Keep on it.

-entries updated now-

Last edited by adldesigner; 11-11-2002 at 11:09 PM.
# 158 12-11-2002 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber

A bit closer to completion

Hehe I saw some competitor using a FX (jet-blast), and I suddenly found myself in a discussion with... myself... I though "hmmm oh, I better top that" user added image

Anyway, I'm going for a sort of diorama. Like a small stand showing a plastic model.

# 159 12-11-2002 , 04:23 AM
Undseth, looking great bud. Bullet dude you rock=) sweet model, my only crit is it still dosen't have a real tech look to it yet are you planning to make it look more metal?

Great job everyone!!!

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb

Last edited by Kurt; 12-11-2002 at 04:27 AM.
# 160 12-11-2002 , 04:26 AM
Excellent entry undseth. Love the whole japanese look. Personally I would lower it down a bit, give it more the grasshopper look you sketched. Overall style nice.

Great, now with the goodies, to everyone who´s having trouble giving the mechs a mechanical look, I recommend checking out this model I made a couple of days ago. Took me about 5 hours or so. Please do take into account the fact that you´ve got to create yourself a model though, so don´t spend too much time playing with the models legs. :p
This is just as a resource, take a good look at the legs union knobs, perhaps it should help.

Hope it helps ...

Enjoy!
(Also, do remember, it´s still my model LOL)

# 161 12-11-2002 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber

newbie enter...

Hi guys,
Great works…compliments for all of you… user added image
Like I promised yesterday, here is my work…
Until now my DF-001 has no legs (for landing) and has no weapon attached…but those will come soon… user added image
Also I have a start for harvest bug… (only a simple sketch), but first I have to finish the DF-001 than the HB-002 ( from Harvest Bug) will come… user added image

# 162 12-11-2002 , 05:24 AM
Great start el_newty, looking good.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 163 12-11-2002 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Kurt... user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 164 12-11-2002 , 08:20 AM
Thanks for the CC, keep up the good work guys user added image

-StoopidDonky

"ACk and you shall receive"
# 165 12-11-2002 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
the newbies are getting there work in go us user added image
nice work on the dragonfly man
heres a remodelled scorpion got a new slick body shape and new tail any c+c is welcome
also got a nice head sketched i just have to model it

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.