Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 436 24-11-2002 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
here is my first try actually using self painted textures on the legs of ant. please don't laugh. and no raytracing used - that needs changed in final shot too user added image

# 437 24-11-2002 , 06:04 PM
Kevin
great for a first try duck!! a lot better then mine ws for sure!!!

well done

# 438 24-11-2002 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
great for a first try duck!! a lot better then mine ws for sure!!!

well done

thanks, but do you know why the bumb map is not visible on the curved part of the leg? do i have to increase tesselation? the bump is the same as everywhere, a 3d noise - should be equally bumpy everywhere (should) user added image

# 439 24-11-2002 , 08:23 PM
*pout* sooooo busy....*missing maya*

.....the keenest eye is that which looks inward.....*poke* oww!! My eye!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 440 24-11-2002 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
BabyDuck

Looks Great, top job on the texturing.

# 441 24-11-2002 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
ok here is the same as above, but for showcase (this time with raytracing):

# 442 25-11-2002 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber

the invasion

Folks, here is my mech insects invasion… with shadows… like adldesigner asked user added image
Any way… I think the dust will be a little problem… and I don’t think I will make it user added image
But you will never know... maybe if I will have time to learn it before applying… because I newer use such things in my scenes like dust, smoke, fog, etc. (I’m a newbie don’t forget)
I hope you like my work user added image

user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 443 25-11-2002 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber

Re: the invasion

Originally posted by el_newty
(I’m a newbie don’t forget)
I hope you like my work user added image

user added image

wow that is really cool, i like it user added image

# 444 25-11-2002 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
Thanks BabyDuck user added image

Your work is cool too user added image
Today's newbie, tomorrow’s pros!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 445 25-11-2002 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
man baby and newty flying the newbie flag congrats

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 446 25-11-2002 , 05:08 PM
Hello guys!

I apologize for not having updated the Showcase in almost five days ... I think I´ll be able to do so tomorrow since all the images are burned on a disk now and I should be able to format tomorrow. Again sorry. I´ll do it ASAP.

On a related matter, guys .. you rule! Those entries are looking fine! Really really fine! I like the mech invasion a lot newty! babyduck .. showing some mammoth improvement! keep going like that ... next time I´ll have to call you pro. user added image
One more thing ...

This competition has been a test on a new concept and so far it´s been going quite well! However, we are going to refine it even more! Which is why I ask of you for patience since we are officialy cutting the competition´s end date for November 30th (if you recall it was finishing December 5th). So guys .. hurry up on those entries since voting among moderators is already starting.

Official Entry must be a 1024 x 768 pix image (You can composite) of your insect mech. Try to make this image a good looking one.
Design and photography principles apply user added image

Competition as of now is finishing November 30th.

# 447 25-11-2002 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
aehm adl, why the 30th already? that is in 4 days - it was to be til the 5th december. user added image

then allow me to have my landscape i am working on right now to have a texture from shader library if i cannot make it in time to paint my own user added image

# 448 25-11-2002 , 05:26 PM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
aehm adl, why the 30th already? that is in 4 days - it was to be til the 5th december. user added image

You´re right Babyduck ..I realize it´ll strain you guys a bit. But as new steps are being taken to make a lot better the competition, we realized that having the competition start every 5th was going to pose some problems in the future so better cut this one a bit short and compensate for the next one. A little patience guys .. just a little. user added image

# 449 25-11-2002 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by adldesigner
You´re right Babyduck .. so better cut this one a bit short and compensate for the next one.

ok agreed - good you wont see my eyerings after competition is finished at end of november ...

i can live with the 30th, if the other competitors agree, we can make it early ...

# 450 25-11-2002 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
thought i bore you all today with another picture. (just kidding). this is a part of the landscape, it needs still some smothing and the feet of ant stick through too much. still texture of ant body missing - and the landscape needs other texture - this one is form shader library.

oh no, the lightning - a change of environment makes all old lamps useless. maybe it will get lighter once the sky is back user added image

user added image