Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 07-11-2002 , 10:05 PM
Kevin
wow i love the look of the showcase!!! awesome guys!

# 47 07-11-2002 , 10:18 PM

Re: first ant model

Originally posted by babyduck
ok i moved the ant over to maya. and i had some real fun with nurb spheres user added image so basically i give up for today. the stitching did not work, it messed all up, so instead i lofted the cutted open poles of the spheres together - that seams to work without destroying the shape. but all the legs is missing. i think i will go to poly and subd soon. nurbs is not fun to work with, but cool shapes for head and body user added image and i thought a maya ocean is nice to have instead of black as background.

comments welcome

Hehehe, I´m sure you´ll get it babyduck, Nurbs are difficult to work with ... however nice entry! looking forward on seeing more. user added image

# 48 07-11-2002 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kurt
Just started on the model about an hour and a half ago, so far im just getting the shape. Once im happy with the shape ill start teching it up and making look metal.

Comments, ideas welcome.

Kurt

wow, only took you an hour, and i needed so long to put the spheres together. i think i will steal your idea, when happy with shape i will make it look more mechanical user added image cannot wait to see your model finished ...

# 49 08-11-2002 , 12:00 AM
Update, started the detailing and played with the shape a bit. Its a bit more stearmline which i think makes it look fast=).Still need to play with the shape of the wings a lot.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 50 08-11-2002 , 09:39 AM
Nice work guys!

-StoopidDonky

"ACk and you shall receive"
# 51 08-11-2002 , 09:49 AM
Kevin
nice and smooth baby duck, like it..now i hope this post goes in the correct place user added image

# 52 08-11-2002 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
nice and smooth baby duck, like it..now i hope this post goes in the correct place user added image

thankx, the problem will be to take the smoothness out as mecha are usually not smooth user added image

# 53 08-11-2002 , 11:01 AM

first attempt body

This is what I have come up with very quickly. I have a concept sketch but no scanner to scan it in with! I will try and get it uploaded later. I am going for a bruiser of a mech. None of this stealth stuff! user added image

Comments or suggestions?

PS I hate the head so far but I will change that this evening once i get a chance.

# 54 08-11-2002 , 02:40 PM
Good start, Pure_Morning, looking forward to seeing the rest.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 55 08-11-2002 , 04:14 PM
Great start PureMorning!

Remember guys, keep on commenting here as you´ve always done with the competitions, I´ll keep on updating the Showcase, that way, you won´t get lost with the images. user added image

By the way: Just in case, the "comment here" link you can find in all the entries post just links to this page, so it´ll add another post here so remember to say to who it is intended to. For example, If you saw the image of undseth at the showcase, and you want to comment it, remember to say "undseth".

# 56 08-11-2002 , 05:56 PM
Subscriber
hi !
i m going to do "spider mech" i ll post the sketch tomorrow !user added image

i m in the newbie entry user added image user added image

but i have a question : where should i post my "future mech's screenshot" ??

good job Kurt nice startuser added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 57 08-11-2002 , 05:59 PM
Everything competition-related goes here.
If it isn´t in the competition then perhaps it´s a WIP or a Finished Work forum material.

Hope this helps Cyrius.

Looking forward on your SpiderMech entry.

# 58 08-11-2002 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
sorry but i don t understand what you mean:o

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 59 08-11-2002 , 06:13 PM
Hmm ...

If you´re making something for the competition like the Spidermech, then post here the mech´s screenshots. Everyone will comment them here also.
If it isn´t for the competition then I believe i´t goes somewhere else right?

Did you understand?

Looking forward on your entry.

# 60 08-11-2002 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber

Start

Started modeling today...just a few simple loft's here...some CV's there.....have a picture in my mind....maybe i can make it real...

the middle part of the wasp is the place where the turbine will be...frontend for the air...backend as exhaust...aso....will model them out later...