Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 08-11-2002 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber

mecha ant

update of the ant.

made the transition from nurbs to subd. and created the entrance for flying mecha. also one stump of leg extruded.

c&c please

# 62 08-11-2002 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
dang, photoshop makes a lousy job when compressing jpeg, so another close up rendered of the entrance on the back of ant ...

# 63 08-11-2002 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

Photoshop

Babyduck...Photoshop is great for Internet-Purposes...ever tried to save web-optimized ?? in Image ready ;O)) user added image

# 64 08-11-2002 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber

Re: Photoshop

Originally posted by BulletProof
Babyduck...Photoshop is great for Internet-Purposes...ever tried to save web-optimized ?? in Image ready ;O)) user added image

ok next time i try that. i usually only use photoshop not for web, only on uncompressed pictures ...

# 65 08-11-2002 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber

Photoshop

With Photoshop you can create and make everything you want....but we're a bit off-topic now ;O)

# 66 08-11-2002 , 07:17 PM
Looking good bullet=).

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 67 08-11-2002 , 07:19 PM

Re: Photoshop

ShowCase´s being made all in Photoshop. user added image

By the way, Great entries both, perhaps a bit more hard edged?
Try to imagine how a war modified economy would create such machines. Even the B-2 bomber still shows edges so try to emulate manufacture procedures. It´ll be worth it at the end. For example Undseth´s Grasshopper Mech shows a bit of this mechanized culture.

Oh and by the way, after seeing the Challenge forum I realized that, since the competition started 11/5, it should end 12/5.

As of now the Competition´s end date is December 5th

# 68 08-11-2002 , 07:25 PM
Subscriber

Economical

Well....was thinking about economical puroposes...hard edges leads to more fuel-waste during flight. Therefore i've created soft edges for the main parts of the Object...but be shure...it will get it's afterburners and razor sharp edges, if it needs some....be patient ;O))))

# 69 08-11-2002 , 07:33 PM

Re: Economical

Well....was thinking about economical puroposes...hard edges leads to more fuel-waste during flight. Therefore i've created soft edges for the main parts of the Object...but be shure...it will get it's afterburners and razor sharp edges, if it needs some....be patient ;O))))

Excellent Reply!

You do have a reason for smooth surfaces, excellent thinking, well thought of. I´ll paciently await for some edges. user added image
This is the idea people, if you have a valid reason then by al means go for it.

# 70 08-11-2002 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber

Re: Re: Photoshop

Originally posted by adldesigner
By the way, Great entries both, perhaps a bit more hard edged?
Try to imagine how a war modified economy would create such machines.

mhh, i imagine the aliens use maya to develop the mecha, and hit render and it will render in 3d user added image well, if i add some more detail, you will see how big the ant is - at this scale all would be rounded user added image hope to get the air-tower ready soon.

edit: adl, did you change the showcase on purpose back to first picture? it is ok, but it was nice to have the sketch small and a continued picture down.

Last edited by adldesigner; 08-11-2002 at 08:03 PM.
# 71 08-11-2002 , 07:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Photoshop

Originally posted by babyduck
mhh, i imagine the aliens use maya to develop the mecha, and hit render and it will render in 3d user added image well, if i add some more detail, you will see how big the ant is - at this scale all would be rounded user added image hope to get the air-tower ready soon.

user added image

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Oh my god! now that was a ehh ... peculiar reply, I mean ok, it´s looking good and all, but seriously though, try to dwelve a bit more into the design of your mech, evaluate if aliens themselves would prefer a smooth design to a hard edge one or why it could be otherwise, come on dude, prove me wrong.

Seriously though, it´s going great, but take these replys into account.

Last edited by adldesigner; 08-11-2002 at 07:47 PM.
# 72 08-11-2002 , 07:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Photoshop

edit: adl, did you change the showcase on purpose back to first picture? it is ok, but it was nice to have the sketch small and a continued picture down.

ShowCase updates the last pic. Yours is already updated, so maybe your IE cache is playing games on you. delete your IE cache, and then reload. Might get your update then.

Last edited by adldesigner; 08-11-2002 at 07:49 PM.
# 73 08-11-2002 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber

Re: Re: Re: Re: Photoshop

Originally posted by adldesigner
if aliens themselves would prefer a smooth design to a hard edge one or why it could be otherwise, come on dude, prove me wrong.

Seriously though, it´s going great, but take these replys into account.

thanks for pointing it out. i should have made my reply a bit more friendly to you. in fact i just found out how to crease, some nice effects appear. it has hard edges, but inbetween it is curved. you would have seen i take it seriously when you would have the next version already.

# 74 08-11-2002 , 08:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Photoshop

thanks for pointing it out. i should have made my reply a bit more friendly to you. in fact i just found out how to crease, some nice effects appear. it has hard edges, but inbetween it is curved. you would have seen i take it seriously when you would have the next version already.

I see my reply was not missinterpreted, when I saw you replying I thought: "ouch, this is going the wrong way!", but you´ve made a great reply. Do you have the new version ready? I´ll try to update it as soon as it goes out. user added image
user added image

# 75 08-11-2002 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
little update with more mecha like look ... ( only for you adl user added image )