Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-03-2006 , 10:14 PM

Joint orientation

Hey guys,

I am new to joint orientation and am really unfamiliar with the procedure. Is anyone experienced in it, or knows where I can find a tutorial that will help me out?

Thanks so much.

# 2 06-03-2006 , 11:55 PM
a real help for me understanding joint orientations was jason schleifer. also Jay told me quite a bit about it when I tried was trying to understand once. maybe you find something in an old thread of mine here

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...g&pagenumber=7

most important thing is to understand which axis you set for the joint pointing down on it. play a lot with local rotation axis. maybe construct a very basic joint chain and experiment a lot. understanding joint orientation comes with practice - believe me! create joints and orient. click each button in the menu a hundred times. this is a good intuitive approach learning about orienting joints.

Jason Schleifer´s site -> www.jonhandhisdog.com

also tutorials from Alex Alvarez were very informative!

if you have a specific question later on, just ask.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 07-03-2006 , 03:43 AM
Hey I REALLY appreciate it. Thank you so much for your advice and comments, it is VERY helpful. I will go ahead and check out that thread.

Thanks again Falott

# 4 07-03-2006 , 08:27 AM
you´re welcome!

# 5 07-03-2006 , 10:25 AM

# 6 07-03-2006 , 04:23 PM
Awesome, I have checked it out it is very helpful. I will look it over in more detail. Thanks!