Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-03-2006 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber

Apache Tut Manipulator Problem

I was working on part 5 of the apache tutorial. Great tut btw. Anyway . . . I'm 11:06 into the tutorial and it calls for me to extrude faces. However, my manipulator is on the opposite side from the tutorial (left instead of right) and it is rotated at an odd angle. When I switch the axis from local to world, it is not touching the object, but in toward the center on the grid (see the pics). Up until now, everything was working fine.

I probably just accidentally set something wrong. My naieve, nubie hypothesis is that somehow the pivot got off, but I'm not sure.

Any insight would help.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-03-2006 , 08:53 PM
Lifetime Member
Try going to object mode and selecting the object, then undet the modify tab select center pivot and see if that helps.

# 3 10-03-2006 , 09:31 AM
well if you have set something at an odd angle, if you go into extrude faces->options (the little square) then reset to defaults, that should clear up any odd settings.

# 4 10-03-2006 , 05:05 PM
Subscriber

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Already tried that Radical, and it didn't work, so . . . next I'm going to try what jsprogg suggested. Thanks again.