Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-03-2006 , 04:47 AM

Help - a new character

Okay, this is essentially the first character I've made -- and I need help... -grin-

When I convert from NURBS, to Poly, and then finally to Sub-divs, and then move the verteses in Sub-divs, these cracks form on the edges of the model.

It only seems to be when I move the finer verteses (1 and 2) rather than the coarser ones.

If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it! I don't know if it's my settings, or what I'm doing in NURBS and poly mode, but this is kind of getting to me.
Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-03-2006 , 04:37 PM
Subscriber
i dunno whats going on, but if you email me the scene file i can take a look at it

dan@3d-dan.com

First year 3D Grad
# 3 20-03-2006 , 01:20 PM
Technical Director
Yes! another mac user!

Anyway, make sure you merged all the vertices in the poly mesh. Also, sometimes subd's do that. If you render, do they still show up?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.