Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 08-04-2006 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
hhahah on the age part ...cheers to jay

# 17 09-04-2006 , 01:52 AM
Subscriber
jay..! always lurking in the back ground, watching like a ninja...

anyway, I did the maths later, was a bad couple of day my cognative recourses were a bit off, and realised I'd probably see you on here soon... correcting me. 9 years.., is that all? LOLuser added image

maybe it wasn't tick who did the tut, it says Kurt, but I was sure the lad doing it said 'congradulations on your first animation, see you, tick!' Will the person who did it own up because I'm looking more stupid by the minute...:blush:

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 09-04-2006 at 02:34 AM.
# 18 09-04-2006 , 05:26 AM
The Maya Mountain
if you're referring to the challenge topic, then the main reason was the last 2 challenges had be creating very realistic subjects and I thought going for a more "fun" subject would be a nice change of pace. user added image

# 19 09-04-2006 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber
no, i don't know about the challenge topic, what's that (you opened a can of worms) ???

No, the free tut about animating a bouncing ball down some stairs, at the end I thought the lad says 'see you,' and then i thought he said 'tick.' But looking at author listing on the forum site, it says 'kurt' as the maker of it. I thought 'tick' was the nick name.

but now I'm wondering about;'hhahah on the age part ...cheers to jay' I don't get the joke? I got attacked on the uni web by a couple of young lads, I don't know why, I just put up stuff I learn that day and stuff like that, maya, compositing, film, directors, that stuff.., they got so bad they nearly got kicked out of uni, I even warned them politely as they kept at it, i wasn't looking for conflict, never do and so now I'm a little sensitive about words, they are like art, we hear what we want to hear and see what we want to see..??

anyway, the challenge topic.., fun is good, I like fun...user added image

# 20 09-04-2006 , 02:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
haha, the current challenge is to create a transformer. user added image figured that was what started this discussion. user added image

no worries.

# 21 10-04-2006 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
it probably was wgat started this conversation, I didn't know there was a challenge topic and saw so many transformers that I wondered what was going on. I thought everyone went transformer crazy, but ever slow, I now get the picture; and speaking of pictures, an 'interior' challenge (with nice lighting )would be an event not to be missed...

anyway mike, thanks, I think I finally got to the bottom of the mystery (re, thread) , the challenge topic, I've had my head stuck in a 'sammy the seal' tut and hadn't tuned in here lately. Anyway I'm paying for that course tomorrow and then in 6 months I might be confident enough to even enter a challenge but right now just watching is fun...

# 22 12-04-2006 , 04:46 PM
hi guys, interesting thread user added image

It wasn't me that did the tute. Its a goal in the future to do them but there's a whole lotta maya still to learn user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 23 13-04-2006 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
ahhh, the mystery is solved! thanks for your reply, sorry to put your name on show;
looking forwrd to any tuts you do. user added image