Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 07-04-2006 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber

toon outlines

this is a problem I've been trying to fix for a while now:
I'm trying to make a toon shader that looks just like flash animation cartoons. My biggest problem comes with the outline. How do I make a standard contour outline and not some bulky 3d outline that doesn't really fill around the whole model very well.

thank you very much for all your help.

# 2 07-04-2006 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
If you just need the outline the easiest way is to use maya vector.
If you go to the maya vector tab in you render globals there should be a box called "edge options" Simply check "include edges" and there you go. Depending on the look you want you might akso want to play with the "fill options"
I hope this helped. Before you ask I don't know how to do this in mental ray, but if you want to know,

https://www.fenriz.org/projects/maya/

that explains some more detail

good luck

# 3 10-04-2006 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
exactly what i needed. I can't believe I didn't see that maya vector renderer option. thanks for your help

# 4 10-04-2006 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
so did I when I found ituser added image