Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-05-2006 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber

append to polygon tool

hey iam currently doing a female head but am having problems with the aapend to polygon tool, when i have combined 2 polygon objects the append tool twists the surface while i make this and i have no idea why. ive used it a lot before but that has never happened. Anyone know whats wrong?

attached images as welluser added image c below

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-05-2006 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
turn backface culling on.
The reason you're getting this is because your normals are facing in opposite directions. If u turn backface culling on(under custom polygon display) you'll be able to see which normal are facing you and which aren't. Then all u have to do is reverse the ones that are incorrect.

# 3 10-05-2006 , 01:31 PM
Subscriber
thank you errethakbe problem solved user added image