Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-06-2006 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber

dragon tutorial newbie work in progress

hello everybody! i've been wanting to learn modeling for a while and happened to stumble across this site. I saw there were a lot of great tutorials and decided to give it a go. Picked up maya last week and did the cartoon dog tutorial, it came out iffy but I enjoyed working on it and decided to try the dragon.

i'm pretty happy with the progress so far, still have a lot of detail to do and some additions (and the body...). i'm not following the reference drawing exactly. hoping to get some critique. Anyway heres some angles.

user added image

I want to thank the people behind simplymaya for the website and all the tutorials i'll be watching!

note: I just mirrored the geometry and rendered the subdivs.

# 2 02-06-2006 , 01:04 PM
hi, welcome to the forums!

It seems like you have a great start there!user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 02-06-2006 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
it reminds me of mushu, in the cartoon mulan.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 4 03-06-2006 , 05:49 AM
Subscriber
I was able to work on it some more tonight, here is the updated pic. still more to go

user added image

not sure what to do with they eyes, I think maybe they need moved

Last edited by skreider; 03-06-2006 at 05:52 AM.