Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-11-2002 , 08:41 AM

hey guys i have another question

i asked a question awhile bak asking how to make a blue flame/thrust for a ship i was modeling(space type) and they suggested i use particles or softbodies and he gaves me a tut for it(and still couldn't do it) i was wondering if someone could give me a tut or explain alittle more how to do these(or maybe just how to use particles all types to get my affect

at the moment i dont even know what i'm lookin for and will prob settle for anything atm

~TJ~

# 2 20-11-2002 , 01:20 AM
Subscriber

# 3 20-11-2002 , 02:13 AM
Subscriber
Apollo, here's a really basic particle animation. Nothing spectacular but might be enough to get you started. If it's something you want to know, reply and i'll let you know how it's done. Sorry if you're on 56k, it's about 350k and it's DivX 5.02.

Flame

# 4 20-11-2002 , 07:51 AM
yea like i said i need all the help and if i knew how to do that one maybe i can edit it alittle more and more till i get to something i like user added image

sure tell me how it's done(oh and file size doesn't matter for me i'm on cable)

~TJ~

oh and thanks for the link(it's what i was lookin for also)

# 5 20-11-2002 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber
Hi Apollo, here's the basics i used. If you need it in a step by step tutorial format, let me know.

Create an Emitter and use directional. In the channel box i used

Direction X
Rate 3000
Spread 0.2
Rate 10

Open particle1 in the attrib editor

I used the following:
Lifespan Random Range
Lifespan 0.5
Lifespan Random 0.2
Render Type Multistreak.

Select Current Render Type
Color Accum ON
Line Width 3

I also added a per particle attribute for both color and opacity. Both use ramps. You can see how that was done on this

Tutorial

If you have any other questions, let me know.