Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-06-2006 , 06:02 PM

I have seen the light but my work wont come with

Up until just recently I have used the 3D MAX program I have created countless items and scenes however recently I sampled the Maya 6 and found it to my liking. The Maya system is infinitely more forgiving and user friendly in my personal opinion. I created many models and scenes using max and I don’t wish to just discard them, but since I taught myself to use both programs I don't know how to properly export from 3D max to Maya 6 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zero

# 2 19-06-2006 , 06:11 PM
I THINK that you can export them as objects (.obj's) then import them into Maya, I dont' have any hands one knowlage of this but I think you can do it

# 3 19-06-2006 , 07:38 PM

Originally posted by gster123
I THINK that you can export them as objects (.obj's) then import them into Maya, I dont' have any hands one knowlage of this but I think you can do it

I tried this suggestion however the task failed and in the operation bar in the bottom right I received an error in pink saying Error reading file. I said ok and try another, then another and yet again another all different files and still received the same error reading.

# 4 19-06-2006 , 07:43 PM
The Maya Mountain
there's a program I like called Deep Exlporation that does a good job of converting files. Might give it a try.