Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-07-2006 , 05:41 AM

Transparency In Files Used For Texturing (Solved)

I'm making a transparent (drinking) glass and need to put a logo on the glass. How do I go about doing this?

The glass is absolutely transparent and I'm using Ray-tracing with an increased refractive index of 1.5 for the blinn material. I made a logo with transparency in Photoshop and saved it as .PSD and .PNG files. But the minute I apply either file on the surface, the transparency changes to a default color. How do I make the image appear with the surroundings transparent?

Is there any other way to put a logo on a surface other than create it in Photoshop and apply it? Can I apply a texture (from a file) on a texture already present on the surface?

Last edited by abhiram; 13-07-2006 at 02:51 PM.
# 2 13-07-2006 , 06:51 AM

# 3 13-07-2006 , 02:48 PM
Thanks a lot user added image.

I've been struggling with that for two days and I just needed to use a .TIF image with an alpha channel. Works just the way I wanted it.