Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-07-2006 , 04:29 PM

July/August - noob - Ph0N37Ic5

Looking at the submitted noob projects I should probably just give up and go home, but I'll try to do something anyway.
Who knows I might learn a thing or two.

My words:
invisible character

Just as good I guess, I'm not that good at making characters anyway.

The idea is to make a scene containing an invisible person, in more than one sense, he is physically invisible, but also invisible as a person, in that no-one really knows him, thus he is alone in the scene. In the included picture we don't see him drinking tea.

C&C welcome.

Attached Images

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.

Last edited by Ph0N37Ic5; 13-07-2006 at 08:10 PM.
# 2 13-07-2006 , 05:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
is it "invincible" or "invisible"?

Invincible is "unable to be hurt or killed" while invisible obviously is "unable to be seen". Just checking.

Would be cool to have some kind of indication that the character is there, whether it be clothes or some kind of shimmering air effect or something.

# 3 13-07-2006 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
lol

if it is invisible u could add some liquids goin inside them from the drink

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 14-07-2006 , 04:44 PM

Cheers

A small update; I made some chairs that I might be using. Still gonna add some fur to them to make them more realistic, but it's progress.

Attached Images

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 5 14-07-2006 , 05:54 PM
I should have gone to bed a long time ago, but that's the way of Maya.

Attached Images

# 6 18-07-2006 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
You could make give the person a coat and hat, like in the movie "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 7 22-07-2006 , 04:20 AM
Kind of a strange scene for a coat and hat, but thanks for the input. I might hang a movie poster or something in the background.

btw. I'm not a nerd, I'm a geek.