Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-07-2006 , 01:47 PM

characters for my TV ad

hello guys, im new here. these are my characters for my Tv ad which is a requirement for one of our major subjects in our school. created and textured for 1 week. now im in the rigging part. I dunno if this is for the WIP or Finished work are, but my models are pretty well finished already. though they are not that great, i cant do much, i have to rush them because our submission will be next week friday. Hope you like them. I've been using maya for 1 and a half to 2 years already but on and off. I'd like to know hwat you think of them.

this is my first model.

a toasted man.

user added image

user added image

I'll post the other one later and the finished Ad next week!

Last edited by romanOredice; 16-07-2006 at 08:50 AM.
# 2 16-07-2006 , 05:22 PM

the other character

user added image

the other character, Red Coka

# 3 16-07-2006 , 05:30 PM
I'm animating them now.. kinda late already but have to finished this. screen shot. By the way, my advertisement for my project which is actually a requirement for my major subject to be submitted on friday. The product is coca cola, toaste man is very dehydrated and and he'll be petrified by the heat and Red Coka (who has coke and very energetic ) comes to him and plays around and ended up letting him drink some. then he'll come alive dancing. something like that.. hope it will turn out nice ( hopefully ) We'll i cant change the concept since it's already approved. here's a draft screenshot, toasted man walking.

my bc is just a gradient white and blue space (lazyboy)

user added image

user added image

user added image
camera view

# 4 16-07-2006 , 07:07 PM
nothin to do before sleeping. so i just made him post like saying " your controls are way heavy man" jus palyin around. good night or should i say " good morning"

user added image

# 5 25-07-2006 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
man no comments yet? This is really awesome. I love the exageration on your characters. The walking pose looks cool too.
One thing though, the muscle dude's face looks like one of rostoon's bust character. lol

# 6 26-07-2006 , 06:11 PM
lol, anslaught i can see a slight resemblance

this looks really cool mate, nice exaggerated anatomy, i'm assuming he'll be getting some clothes at one point could get a bit embarassing if people find out he's all action man down there user added image

It looks like he's been weighted really well as the deformations in the images are nice and clean. look forward to seeing more

# 7 27-07-2006 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
I must concur! I like the exaggeration, and your walk poses have a lot of weight! The "Red" character is quite interesting as well!

I must say I've never seen controllers quite like yours! They look like blocks of marble!

I hope we'll get to see some animation! Keep up the good work!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 8 17-08-2006 , 08:47 PM
Subscriber
haha what a tuff man, i like it alot user added image

# 9 26-08-2006 , 10:03 PM
ei Anhslaught, Rostoons, Lt Jim, marlonjohn

sorry for not replying as fast as i could, sorry for that hope people wouldn't consider me rude for not updating this thread. I could have but the deadline was 4 days after i posted it. And i had to rusd this pretty fast, And i have the finished product and will be uploading it to youtube for you guys to watch. Thank you for your nice comments and compliments. Im glad you like my humble characters. thanks a lot. At first i though why people didint respond, probably im a newbie here but will be staying still. Looking forward to learn from you guys!

# 10 30-08-2006 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
hahaha its alright, cant wait to see the final product =]