Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-09-2006 , 05:42 PM
Lifetime Member

Need skins!

I am working on a project I never tried before. And need HELP! Mostly I model Satelite and space stuff. But I am working on a SciFi peice and I volunteered to do some of the background characters - They do NOT have to do much. But I want them to have a certain look. Well - in fact 4 differant looks.

One of them is in a cloak - sort of Monk like (Clerical - long robe monk). I have been playing with cloth and making progress. But I have 2 problems.

It is hard to get the hood to drap over the head. Sugestions?

The other problem is Jackie. I do NOT like this skin. Is there a good skin - for both male and female - out there I can get? Particually that would map easy to the FBIK within Maya 8.0? Jackie needs adjusting to make it work.

Also. If I do the other chars I think I need advice on when to use cloth and when to add poly modeling details? (And if I go that route is Zbush to tool to get?)

To Live is to game in some way
# 2 22-09-2006 , 11:37 AM
Subscriber
to add high level of detail zb is the route
however if u mean 'background characters' in the sense that there r no close ups of them high detail is unesecary

for the monk i would do it in poly modelling personally

this way u dont need to build much of a frame for the cloth to drape over also the hood would be a lot easier

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 22-09-2006 , 11:46 AM
Lifetime Member

background

Yep - these are NOT primary elements (unless they look TOO kewl) for the vid. I have been trying to cloth model the monk and the hood just keeps slipping off OR using contrain transform gets into a spikey point. (Guess I could notch the weighting on the constraint?)

To Live is to game in some way