Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 17-10-2006 , 11:28 AM
Subscriber
spoiler bracket, i modeled this from ym spoiler on my car

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 17-10-2006 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
and my seams. im learning how to get my edges at best. not totally happy but its improoving

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 18-10-2006 , 01:57 AM

good work

Just wanted to say your modeling of this car is top notch...great job. I ahve a question though... how do you get the seams of your car so perfect? I am making my first car right now (a BMW) and the seams are giving me hell... Mine are curved and just all over the place. Could you give me any pointers? Thanks and keep up the great work!

# 19 18-10-2006 , 01:57 AM

good work

Just wanted to say your modeling of this car is top notch...great job. I ahve a question though... how do you get the seams of your car so perfect? I am making my first car right now (a BMW) and the seams are giving me hell... Mine are curved and just all over the place. Could you give me any pointers? Thanks and keep up the great work!

# 20 18-10-2006 , 06:49 AM
Subscriber
hey thanks for the comment, I appreciate it a lot. well one thing I can suggest and play with a box. what I usuallly do is the the edge and beve it( 1 split bevel). that will turn that 1 line or edge two. then I take the edge loop tool or split poly tool and draw a line on the outta side of both lines/edges. one thing u gotta look for is 3 or 5 sided polys. try to make everything 4 sided and you will be ok. moday ill upload pics of my process so u can check it out

# 21 18-10-2006 , 07:03 AM

thanks

sweet thanks for the help man and keep up the good work!

# 22 25-10-2006 , 04:41 PM
Subscriber
alright so i didnt do much modeling because my daughters been in the hospital but shes ok. Anyways, the Fenders, Side skirts, and Hood arent going to stay. Since this car is for a tuned/riced car, im going to do all aftermarket parts. I just wanted to stock it and then from there do the other parts.

Anyways, this update is because I was talking to my boy sesim online and he asked what type of rims I was gon model. I told him and it ended up being he made them already. I did the rotors, tires, brakes, tire tread, rims lip, He modeled the actual Rim itself. Im not going to use these because u cant use others parts for the comp and it has to be all new. I wanted to see how my car would look with the rims. If you like them let me know if not, help me decide a better rim to model. I really like them but i want others opinions. anyways here it goes

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 25-10-2006 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
pic number 2

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 25-10-2006 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
last pic. The spoiler isnt finished because i go lazy lol. I have alot more details but will do when i get to the back. It looks big but those were made from blueprints which came off my actual spoiler from my car. Mines is pretty big, 59" wide

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 25-10-2006 , 07:33 PM
Wowwww.....very impressing your work....you just need to ajust the lights in your render becaus it's to much bitghtness.....but the modeling is gerat user added image

Another kestion.....how did you model the grill?

Best Regards

Gamester

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 26 25-10-2006 , 07:39 PM
looks really good nice work

Just make it work

www.createdestroy.net/kcin
# 27 25-10-2006 , 07:50 PM
I'm a big car guy and i can tell you that it's dead on for the Skyline. Just wish you wouldn't put the huge wing on it user added image lol I'd throw on some Volk Wheels. Make sure this thing is RHD, cause thats the only way they come. Very nice work man!

# 28 25-10-2006 , 08:16 PM
are you going to do all the underneath pipes and maybe engine?

Just make it work

www.createdestroy.net/kcin
# 29 25-10-2006 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber
drew22mader i know but most drift cars rock the huge spoiler and this is for the drift competition. Every car in drifint competitions almost have huge spoilers. some dont but most do. As u can see from my car, those spoilers are huge but apr make very effective ones so i modeled the one i have since I have it in my room right now so its easier to get ref plus blue prints for it. also it could be the angle i rendered cause in my maya, it doesnt look as big. i might to a differeng angle to show. i mean it still a big one

Lok1 yes I have to model the engine, interior and underneat for the comp. there is no deadline so this model is going to be like a 3 or 4 month project for me. yea i was looking at a set of volk wheels that looks very similar to these. i might go with them. ill post it

Gamester I know. the problem im having is i modeled this in maya 8 and im still learning where everything is. I just learned how to do a proper clay render in vers 7. Its also easy because i have vray for version 7 and there are 100 tuts on clay rendinger with max for vray but it works the same in maya. the problem im having is that i cant export my obj to 7. when i do, its killing my memory because its seperating everything by faces so instead of like 8 objects lol im getting like 1,000,000 objects because its making everything face by face so i gotta keep it in 8 until i learn how to properly export it to 7. Since i use vray, im diong the gay occlusion. this sthinks since i just did a clay lol but my friends gon do some clays for me with his max. his comp can handle the huge poly count.

anyways thanks guys for your comments, i will keep everything in mind.

ohh yead, gster, i took a box and rotated it till i got the shape i wanted, then duplicated it like 100 times with a small transliation, ythat way it seperates them wvenly across. i took all tose pieces and combined it, freezed transformation and the dupliccated that by -1 and theres ur grill.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 25-10-2006 at 09:43 PM.
# 30 25-10-2006 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
heres the pic of the wheels i might do they are volk a little different then the ones on the car but similar.

Attached Images

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 25-10-2006 at 09:41 PM.