Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-11-2006 , 06:49 PM

Maya and Mac

I recently got a new imac and I cant figure out how to right click to view Faces, Vertices, Material Attributes, etc. !! Ive tried the Ctrl , Alt keys.....nothing seems to work!! I know its something simple and im overlooking it..... please help!

# 2 07-11-2006 , 09:56 PM
i'm gonna be an ass and suggest getting a mouse with right-click capabilities user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 08-11-2006 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
I'm using mac as well, for me using ctrl works fine, sorry. But I got a proper mouse anyway, so -yes get a rightclick mouse!
I'm thinking of getting a new mac soon, so what mac are you running maya on and how's the performance? thanks

# 4 08-11-2006 , 05:10 AM
thanks for the responses. Ctrl doesnt work for me. And simply plugging in a right click mouse...didnt occur to meuser added image haha.

I just got a 24 inch imac desktop and its super fast and handles maya really well. My PC would crash all the time when I ran Maya. When you buy a mac online you can pick the features you want and one of them was larger graphics memory especially for 3D, so if you get a mac make sure to choose the higher gig graphics.

good luck!

# 5 08-11-2006 , 05:21 AM
Subscriber
oh i know, thanks I am running maya on an ibook g4 at the moment. And it is pretty amazing it runns at all:attn: