Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-12-2006 , 10:51 PM

Batch rendering.

I have two machines a desk top and a lap top. I have a project of a pedell trike I made about a year ago. I can set up a little animation and it batch renders out on both machines no problems.

I have made three new projects with animations and I can hit the icon on the film cam to render out odd frames no problems on the desk top but I can not do a batch render. I have spent hours cheecking I have the same settings as the trike but no luck, it will not batch render.

If I save a copy of the same project to the lap top, I just go into Maya on the lap top set the project to the folder I want the files to go into and it batch renders without changing any other settings no prombles at all.

Has anybody got any ideas to why this is.

Thanks
Trikeman

# 2 01-01-2007 , 03:07 AM
well i would recommend looking at your file structure. if you're moving a scene file from one computer to another there's the possibility of having different user names, and so maya IS batch rendering, but putting your output files into folders it's creating for a user that isn't even on your computer... so do a search of your whole hard drive just to be sure.

if that isn't the case, one thing you can try is going into your file, getting your render settings all set up, save the file, close maya, and then do a command line batch render...

just make sure your file name has no spaces in it...

then open the command prompt, head to the directory your file is in, then type (without the quotes, and WITH the capital R):

Render thisismyfile.mb

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 01-01-2007 , 05:48 AM
I is not doing the render because I sit and watch the line at the bottom of the screen, it does the first frame and stops..

I am not sure what you about doing a "and then do a command line batch render"

or

"then open the command prompt, head to the directory your file is in, then type (without the quotes, and WITH the capi2tal R):