Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-02-2007 , 02:27 AM

a roof and window

This is probably one of the dumbest questions but, how would one experienced in Maya go about creating a pitched roof. I'm working on this castle (attached) and I'm not sure if it would be easier to extrude the top of the building and then somehow make it angle or should I use a pyramid?
also for windows with an arc. I've made separate windows and used boolean>difference to make window cut outs but after reading so much on how unreliable they are I'm trying to split the polygon and then be able to extrude to make a window. but I don't know how to make a nice arc. any help? thanks.

Attached Images
# 2 18-02-2007 , 02:56 AM
Well i probabbly will use the technique to make every part of the castle separate .. like windows ... and roof and then combine it and merg the vertex ... about the roof i used to make cubes and then deform it to be like wooden pikes and on the woods i placed tile

smth like this - >

user added image

i hope this help

and 10x for the picture i will use it to model this user added image it's really cool castle