Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-03-2007 , 05:59 AM

Skeleton + Skin Binding Issue

# 2 01-03-2007 , 11:04 PM

Skeleton problems

I had the same problem when I tryed to create a moving person. I still haven't had much luck. Theres some option, although I can't remember where sorry, that makes it so that you can select which faces you want the skeleton join to move. Hopefully someone more experienced than us can help us how.

# 3 02-03-2007 , 12:23 AM
Senior Software Developer
If only skinning a model was as easy as that, but its not I am afraid.

You have to paint the Weights onto the geometry. I suggest getting Mike McKinleys Character rigging tutorial from here it expalins painting weights and rigging from start to finish..

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 02-03-2007 , 04:56 PM
Thanks, I think that will help both of us user added image

# 5 02-03-2007 , 05:17 PM
Hello

Thank You for your help user added image

man... i didn't realize animating will be so difficult.... i always imagined animating in Maya would be similar to animating in Flash

_jOn_

# 6 02-03-2007 , 05:30 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to learn Maya for the last 2 years, but I still can't do any of the things people here are doing . . . :S