Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-03-2007 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber

Menu System Mayhem

Hello Everybody,

I'm working with the tutorial that came with my Personal Learning Addition. Unfortunately the layout is much different than those shown on the tutorial. In particular there is a network of blue icons which I don't have. How do I set my system up to appear like the one in the tutorials?

# 2 03-03-2007 , 05:05 PM
Could you post a pic of whats different as its a bit hard to understand your problem.

If I think what's going on then press CTRL and Space as this cycles through some different menu settings (if you kee pressin it you should get back to where you were)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 03-03-2007 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
Thanks gster123 I'll try that.
(I won't be able post a screen shot until later this evening after work. )

# 4 03-03-2007 , 05:44 PM
Lifetime Member
if I understand your post correctly, you mean the shelf icons are different.
you can change to any of the preset shelves by selecting the tabs (3rd menu set down), most likely the tutorial has either the polygon shelf or the surfaces shelf active.
If you want to add an item to your own shelf select the custom tab and then whilst holding down Shift + Ctrl + Alt on your keyboard navigate to the item in the top menu set and click on it and it will appear on the currently activated shelf i.e custom

hope this helps regards J.S.

# 5 03-03-2007 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
I'm sure this will work. Thanks for your help.