Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2007 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber

Simply.... Amazing user added image

user added image

This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Period. :bow:

It comes out today in the US and I'll probably see it again tonight.. hopefully I'll go to a IMAX theater..

anyway, I am not gonna open my mouth about any part of the movie because it's just not worth spoiling any tiny bit of it!!!

Just go and see it.. you'll be glad!
Emo

# 2 09-03-2007 , 05:05 PM
Subscriber
lucky sod.

us in the uk don't get it till 23rd.

the thing i love most so far about this movie is how many times they fit "we are spatern" in to a 36 second trailer.

last count 6

the effects look great

# 3 09-03-2007 , 11:21 PM
heh yea i saw it on tuesday afternoon... absolutely amazing.

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 10-03-2007 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
goin with some friends from work to see the movie tomorrow, can't wait looks awesome

# 5 10-03-2007 , 03:49 AM
Subscriber
yea planned to see it tomorrow. you guys gettin me pumped up:p

# 6 10-03-2007 , 03:03 PM

# 7 10-03-2007 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber
i dont reckon it would be good, but i cant suggest i havnt seen it yet :p

ahaha this is madness, this is SPAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAAR... i though my internet explorer was playing up because it just kept saying spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarta ... love the remix lol user added image

# 8 11-03-2007 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber
after sitting in the theater for 45 minutes watching previews the movie finally started, and felt like it ended way too quick... until I saw that it was about 2 hours after the movie started. Damn good, wicked effects. I will most likely see this movie a couple more times... most likely not in the theater but when it comes out on dvd
Kind of upsetting sitting in a theater and seeing a father with two kids under the age of 10, one beeing like 5 years old and complaining throughout the movie "But I want to go HOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE"

# 9 11-03-2007 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber
lol great ytmnds!
yea the previews were ridiculously long. the effects were grade A and very original in my opinion. Their website has a lot of behind the scenes making-ofs which were really impressive and interesting. I love the costumes for the spartan warriors. No armor, no body suit, just built@$$ warriors with a long red cape and a majestic helmet with horse hairs sticking out - So cool!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by danotronXX; 11-03-2007 at 02:33 PM.
# 10 12-03-2007 , 07:37 AM

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
Kind of upsetting sitting in a theater and seeing a father with two kids under the age of 10, one beeing like 5 years old and complaining throughout the movie "But I want to go HOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I think America needs to pass a law demanding that if the parents of loud, whiny children don't smack their children into silence at resturants and/or movie theatres, other people are allowed to smack the children :p

Kidding...but sheesh, young-uns watching a movie like 300...?

# 11 12-03-2007 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by severinianthony
I think America needs to pass a law demanding that if the parents of loud, whiny children don't smack their children into silence at resturants and/or movie theatres, other people are allowed to smack the children :p

Kidding...but sheesh, young-uns watching a movie like 300...?

Yeah when I was that young I was watching movies according to the ratings and who can watch 'em, you know, thats kind of why we have the rating system. I don't know what other countries have but they're there for a reason.
I also had a hard time getting over the couple making out behind me, sure thats what people sometimes go to the movies for, but you don't pick a movie like 300 if you're trying to get a piece from your girlfriend. Although I always told the girl to leave me alone if we go out to the movies because I didn't pay for two uncomfortable seats with a bunch of people around, just to make out. Sorry had to rant for a minute

# 12 12-03-2007 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber

"But I want to go HOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Hehe, thats not that bad. Try going to Ice Age 2 and sitting in front of some little kids that laugh at every 4 seconds of the movie. and the laugh is a high pitched squeeking sound.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 13 13-03-2007 , 05:00 AM

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I also had a hard time getting over the couple making out behind me, sure thats what people sometimes go to the movies for, but you don't pick a movie like 300 if you're trying to get a piece from your girlfriend.

Nothing like playing suck-face in the vicinity of a bloodbath of a movie like 300; that's what I not-really-always,-but-sometimes say...user added image :p

Originally posted by daffas
Hehe, thats not that bad. Try going to Ice Age 2 and sitting in front of some little kids that laugh at every 4 seconds of the movie. and the laugh is a high pitched squeeking sound.

Too true...if you're going to go see a "kiddie movie," that's just plain asking for it :p

# 14 14-03-2007 , 02:44 AM
hmm... at the sneak preview there was only one trailer... for grindhouse.

Accept no substitutions.
# 15 14-03-2007 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber

Too true...if you're going to go see a "kiddie movie," that's just plain asking for it

LOL, i guess it would have been better to wait.

Do what you like, like what you do.