Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-02-2007 , 12:17 AM

Mine Slave

This is a remake of the Mine Slave model I did some time ago. I added more details to the skin and fixed the shin shader.

Comments greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-02-2007 , 09:02 AM
Subscriber
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

LOVE it Lookey, that's one sorry looking slave. Great skin, great emotion in the eyes, nice rust on the chains, balls and bucket. That's brilliant..

The teeth don't quite do it for me - perhaps they seem a little small(narrow) and effeminate looking for such a nasty piece of work, but it's personal prefference, so of no real concern.

I can't even magine something that nasty, let alone model it yet. Was it an indulgence, or a task for work?

I just can't help but wonder what the slave-masters look like if they're able to make a slave out of a beast that already looks nasty.

That pic has made my night, THANK-YOU..
-Simon.

# 3 11-02-2007 , 07:42 PM
Cool digs man! I like the textures a lot! How did you come up with the design? KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 4 01-03-2007 , 03:18 PM
Some things that will make Cycil (yes Iam gona have to name all the creations that i comment on) better IMHO are.
1. big spiked ball looks like it's balanced on one spike rather than resting amongst a few.
2. Don't know how easy it'll be but the smaller spiked balls and the long chains look to nicely placed, in other words they dont look like they have been dragged into position.

But it's sexy (sexy in the way of greatness reather than sexy as in I would bend it over and give it a go) so tops for that!

# 5 13-03-2007 , 12:20 PM

Originally posted by roco5000
Some things that will make Cycil (yes Iam gona have to name all the creations that i comment on) better IMHO are.
1. big spiked ball looks like it's balanced on one spike rather than resting amongst a few.
2. Don't know how easy it'll be but the smaller spiked balls and the long chains look to nicely placed, in other words they dont look like they have been dragged into position.

Yes, I agree with that to a point, some of them do look properly placed. The top chains should probably have a little slack to them. Again, Keep up the good work!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 6 15-03-2007 , 01:14 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha!
My god,Crazy work ,hahhahahah!
The monster so warrible

¡ï¡ï¡ïTELLCKL¡ï¡ï¡ï
# 7 15-03-2007 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
cant believe i havnt seen this post yet ...

ohhh my, that is amazing. everything is, the texture, model everything ... incredible stuff man, keep it up.