View Poll Results: what kind of track?
a rally track through a desert like a segment of the dakar challenge 10 50.00%
a le mans type track most likely laguna seca 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 61 17-06-2007 , 05:48 PM
Acid44
forgot the pic...

Attached Thumbnails
# 62 17-06-2007 , 05:49 PM
Acid44
smoothed and smoothed wires

watcha think of this one?

Attached Thumbnails
# 63 17-06-2007 , 05:50 PM
Jr.Who
Looks really good, I like that spoiler a lot.
user added image

# 64 17-06-2007 , 06:22 PM
Acid44
thanks im working on all the windows right now, then im going to be smoothing and detailing:headbang: this should be fun...

# 65 28-06-2007 , 07:15 PM
Acid44
ok so the zonda can now go f*** itself...:angery:

i did a render of it in a parking lot which required the rotaion of the zonda and smoothing it i didnt click freeze transformations but it did it anyways for some reason so im either starting it over or figuring out how to rotate it back to how it was:angery: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

in the meantime ive been working on a veyron for about 2 hrs now... so far i like it c&c please

Attached Thumbnails
# 66 28-06-2007 , 07:20 PM
Acid44
smoothed wires

Attached Thumbnails
# 67 29-06-2007 , 01:04 AM
Acid44
update on the Veyron:rear bumper started i think it looks good so far

also working on midfeild raceway from gran turismo and laguna seca

BTW could a mod please change the name of this thread to: a bunch of WIPs in one

thanksuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Acid44; 29-06-2007 at 01:06 AM.
# 68 29-06-2007 , 01:09 AM
I gotta be honest. The smoothing looks horrible. Your wires have mistakes in them. From that I can see that you will have problems modeling it. For advice, I would say, you must break your car up into sections. Subdivide it, DONT SMOOTH!! Give it depth and convert back to polys.

# 69 29-06-2007 , 01:21 AM
Acid44
it is in sections already like roof doors ect. but i never thoug to sub'd it thanks for the advice

# 70 03-07-2007 , 06:58 AM
Acid44
sry meant to say never THOUGHT to sub'd it...

update lights, bumper work, windows, and a few other minor things

the lights were my first try with using booleans and i almost crapped my pants when it worked:p

im happy with it so far c&c please

btw im gonna be fixing the mesh so it flows better later today

Attached Thumbnails
# 71 03-07-2007 , 07:00 AM
Acid44
pic 2

Attached Thumbnails
# 72 03-07-2007 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber
well u dont always have to subD it because if you model it properly, a smooth will do the trick look at mines or youngs cars.. Personally, using subD sucks cause

1- using sub d creases suck for good corners and if u model it so that u dont need to use subd creases, then the smooth will do the same thing

2 - u have to save another file cause once u turn ur sub d to polys for a final version, u cant get it back where as a smooth, u can set the itts. back to 0 and it will be back at its base mode.

Its commin a long acid. cars arent easy esp your first car. id say focus on keeping your mesh evenly spread out and start with 1 part until u get it where u want. start with ahood, work on it until its how u want it and then move onto the next part using extrude or whatever method u do because if you have the mesh modeled properly for 1 part, it makes doing the next part 10 times easier. I can say ur bugatti looks way beter then the zhonda so just keep at it, its comming a long and in no time, it will be looking floawless

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 73 03-07-2007 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
also, im lookin at ur taililghts and its a bit bumpy because of the tris. what i usually do is for a circle is, u only need a 10 sided or 8 sided cylinder. i usually use 8 sided ones. once i get my cylinder, i push it through the mesh and then take my split poly tool and cut out where each edge on the cylinder is so that u will have a 8 sided cylinder on ur mesh. then try to make quads with ur mesh outta it. sometimes u might have to add a row or column but it works perfect. i will make a simple pdf with images tonight to show you what im talking about

Toyota Supra WIP

# 74 03-07-2007 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Here you go as promised. This is how i make my cutouts which in my opinion is more efficient then booleans and cleaners. you will also get less bumpers. Inside this zip file is images and a text file. the text file is instructions 1-19 so just match #1 from the txt file with 1.jpeg, 2 with 2.jpeg etc......

heres the link:

https://files-upload.com/354731/help.zip.html

Toyota Supra WIP

# 75 03-07-2007 , 06:24 PM
Acid44
cool thanks man, i havent taken a screenshot yet but i cleaned up a lot of the mesh and did a little further refinement ill post that tommorow when i wake up

BTW woudl the same method be used for the headlights cause im have major probs with them too