Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-06-2007 , 12:32 PM

Thinking of buying some tutorials

Just from a newbie to maya's perspective.. what are some good tutorials? I really like the look of the male female character bundle.. I am just trying to get a better feel for tutorials..

Do they walk you through the steps and explain what they are doing? Or is it just do this, this and that and your done?

Thanks

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 2 05-06-2007 , 04:31 PM
They tutorials here at SM are commendable. The instructor shows you the process on how to create the mesh, not just instructing you what to do in say video number 1 then showing you the finished model in video number two. And the steps are also explained so that you would know why he did that, so on and so forth. It's really a worthy investment all-in-all especially if you're just starting out.

Cheers,
Mikee

# 3 05-06-2007 , 11:03 PM
thank you for your reply.

Figured I would see more then one though user added image after all you probably aren't the only one who buys them.

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 4 06-06-2007 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
I'm doing the Tree frog tutorial and it's very easy to follow. The steps are logical and well explained. The tutor speaks clearly. I've tried a few tutorials from various places and, to be frank, they were rubbish...I suppose you get what you pay for but the SM tutorials seem to do the trick. I'm very much a newbie myself and I've found that the tutorials here have actually made me excited about using Maya, perhaps because I feel that I'm beginning to get the feel of the interface and also that I'm producing something. Go on....buy some tutorials..you know you want to.... I also grabbed all of the freebie tutorials user added image