Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-06-2007 , 04:36 AM

Projecting an Image onto an Object

I'm looking for a tutorial or something on this and Maya help isn't helping 'cause I'm not sure what to look for.

Here's the deal:

I have an object that I've already applied a bump map of a metal texture from a PSD.

On top of the metal texture, I would like to project an image, like a decal or label.

Any good tutorials or ideas?

# 2 24-06-2007 , 05:28 AM
Either use a layered shader with some transprancy maps or use the projection texture if you hit F1 it will help you out a lot

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 24-06-2007 , 05:53 AM
Thanks. I just went through what I could find in Help regarding UV texture mapping, projection texture, etc.

I'm still having trouble finding what I'm looking for though.

I have already applied a texture (PSD) to the object in question. I want to add a label/decal type image over the top of it.

I'm not finding what I'm looking for with Maya Help. Where should I look?

# 4 24-06-2007 , 05:55 AM
as I said, have a look into the layered shader or a projection, have a play on a simple object like a poly plane to get the workflow.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle