Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-07-2007 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber

hair problems

hi

i'm having trouble trying to model the hair for this one character , i've tried the methods i know and cant get the desired look, i was woundering if any of you guys here could offer some tips,

i want to model it out of actual geometry rather then use maya's hair system.

here's a pic the grey models are mine the bottom model was done by somone else, this is how i want the hair to look.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 31-07-2007 , 05:23 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I've never moddeled hair before, but i would make a sphere roughly matching the polycount on the head, delete aportion and pointsnap the sphere to the head then goto the tooloptions and uncheck keep faces together draw some curves and place it in the center of a face and extrude.
there probably is a better workflow, but just wanted to helpuser added image

# 3 31-07-2007 , 05:48 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone
I've never moddeled hair before, but i would make a sphere roughly matching the polycount on the head, delete aportion and pointsnap the sphere to the head then goto the tooloptions and uncheck keep faces together draw some curves and place it in the center of a face and extrude.
there probably is a better workflow, but just wanted to helpuser added image

thanks for the quick reply i'll give it a try, it's getting late now so i'll have to try it out tomorrow morning

# 4 31-07-2007 , 10:33 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Oh and make sure to play around with the taper attribute that will appear in the channelbox after the extrude.