Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 02-08-2007 , 09:30 PM
lol he's starting 2 look evil here... btw i havent merged him yet cuz i wanna know if there are any problems with it so i could edit fast but if its all good i'll send the merged skull..

anyways how do u send 2 images or more into one post??? i keep on waiting 45 sec till i send the other image :zzz:

ty

Cheers user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by backstabbing; 02-08-2007 at 09:32 PM.
# 17 02-08-2007 , 09:35 PM
side view

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 03-08-2007 , 12:29 PM
Looking a lot better now.

I would make sure that the top of his head dosent come to a point (iE like the top of a sphere, as it kinda looks like it does at the moment and from the crmera angles) try to make it a series of squares, it will make it easier to texture and it gives a better flow of geometry.

Heres the link to when I did my model, might give you some ideas on how to go about the rest of him

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=24497

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 03-08-2007 at 12:33 PM.
# 19 03-08-2007 , 02:20 PM
Thanks u sooo much Steve

I could only say one thing about ur Grim it "AMAZING":bow: .. im so jealous ... i feel so noob seeing ur work..

well thank u sooo much for showing me ur work, it would really help me alot on my Reaper.... i'll get right 2 it and yeah one more think in my image u can see his rib cage so thats wats ganna be in mine differ from urs...

ok then its really good 2 know that my skull is good 2 go besides the top part.. ok then i'll go fix it and work on the rest of the body, i'll go by working on his ribs and back bone first, even thu it wont be shown cuz few parts will be covered by his robe...

once again thanks for ur help...

CHeers mate user added image

# 20 04-08-2007 , 01:30 AM
looking great! Ive never attempted to create a skull, but it looks pretty difficult.

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 21 04-08-2007 , 04:09 AM
That's much better!! Very nice! Hey, you might try to eliminate the peak running along the center of the skull, but otherwise, brilliant work mate!!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 22 04-08-2007 , 04:37 PM
Thanks alot for the comments guyz, hmm yeah ur right "Sparticus" the peak in the middle looks weird, i'll work on that.
and about the skull, honestly its quite hard but honestly being part of this community anything is possible, i mean i look around the forum and i notice that people around are really helpful, as u can see what i started with and now im getting something so what im trying 2 say thanks 2 all the People who help around here

Cheers guyz user added image

Last edited by backstabbing; 04-08-2007 at 04:44 PM.
# 23 04-08-2007 , 04:57 PM
Cheers man, not looked at that thread for ages, to be honest it came out realyl well, think that I could do better now though!

I use a lot of the artisan tools to smooth the low poly geo and sculpt it about, takes a while to get used to but once you do it speeds up workflow so much.

If ive got a ridge on an organic model i use the smooth tool (not the poly smooth tool but the artisan smooth tool) When you start to use it it looks like your destroying your model but using the push and pull tools you can sort it out with a nice disturbution of geo, then go it and move the bits that need to move to give definition, that how I made my skull.

I also use a smooth proxy for one side of the medel to mirror the get across but seeing the results.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 24 04-08-2007 , 07:45 PM
nicely i love artisan tools, wow it really soften my skull alot.

Thanks alot Steve to pointed out 2 me.

its a pretty interesting tool, at first my skull got a hole right thru, then i was likE WT* user added image, i was really shocked but good think u said that it might get destroyed so i was like thats normal so i undo and look at each attributes and wat it does 2 my skull... it took me awhile 2 figure it out but when i got the hang of it, my skull started too look pretty cool..

ok here is an update on the skull being soften

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by backstabbing; 04-08-2007 at 07:52 PM.
# 25 04-08-2007 , 07:47 PM
side view

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 04-08-2007 , 07:48 PM
front view

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 05-08-2007 , 05:00 AM
hey guyz here is an update on the Grim Reapers, backbone + Rib cage. i didnt take much time on it cuz it wont be shown that much on wat the original image shows so i did only 6 ribs which will be showing.
anyways just showing u guyz on how its doing.

Cheers user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 06-08-2007 , 04:24 AM
Hey guyz im back. ive worked on the hands and Scythe.

at this point i would like as much C& C plz, cuz i can't take the next step until i know how its doing...

so please Criticize and comment on wat 2 next all HELP is Appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 06-08-2007 , 04:25 AM
front image

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 06-08-2007 , 05:39 AM
Thats awesome. I still think he should look evil.

Take a look at these:
user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!