Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-08-2007 , 12:00 PM

Game

Is there some simple program I can make a game in from using Maya? Or do I have to learn programing? So my question is what is the simplest way to make a game using Maya for the modeling and everything? Like can I import some object into a program then tell it what to do?

I hope you can understand my question. Thanks to anyone that helps me.

# 2 17-08-2007 , 08:59 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Don't think there's an easy way in creating games and if you ask a question like that i have a little bit of a feeling that you're a newbie at maya too.
To my opinion you have 2 real choices learn gameprogramming or learn gamearts and then after a couple of years of learning you will make games for a dayjob, if your heart's still in it.
You can learn two things at the same time but your name has to be stephen hawking , albert einstein or isaac newton to do such a thing
anyway, i wish you good luck in your endeauvors.

# 3 26-08-2007 , 12:47 AM
Acid44
look up Game Studio A7 its a game coding program for 3d ggames also you can try game maker PRO which is less advanced. also theres a thing called torque game engine but ive never used it so i dont know what it isuser added image

# 4 26-08-2007 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
aye, Conitec's A series are is actually not half bad.
It uses C-Lite scripting as programming language, so if you know C, that could work for you...

Game Maker Pro doesnt hold a 3d engine does it? If it doesnt, using maya to make its graphics might be a bit overkill user added image

Torque is nice as well... its scripting is similar to C++...

Heh, if you want to make a game, youll not get around programming Im affraid.

C, C++ (and perhaps in the future) C# seem to be the choices to learn...

In ICT there are two kinds of people : Technically challenged artists, and artistically challenged technicians.

I am, without a doubt, the latter.
- Dave