Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 03-09-2007 , 09:12 AM
Subscriber
I'll do some more research because I don't know if Staple or Best Buy are good places to bring a computer? I don't know never done it before. They are the only computer stores close enough to me.
I don't think it's a small case, I can try to get a picture of the inside of the computer if that helps at all?

Thanks

# 17 03-09-2007 , 03:14 PM
Rhetoric Camel > 'I don't think it's a small case, I can try to get a picture of the inside of the computer if that helps at all?'

A photo of the case would help determine wether you can fit a standard psu inside or not, but it doesn't really determine wether the motherboard will be compatible with the psu. I think searching around the net for any stories of people upgrading a Dimension 9150's power supply would be helpful if you can't get to a store.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 18 03-09-2007 , 09:54 PM
Could you not just see what motherboard is in the PC then go form there?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 09-09-2007 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
well I've looked all over on what power supply fits in a Dimension 9150 that is 600watt and above, and so far I've gotten no answers. It's driving me crazy. I know if I buy another computer at some time (which I can't afford) I'm not going with dell doing anything with them is more complicated then I ever imagined. But then again when I got this computer I didn't think I was going to get into 3d graphics.

# 20 17-09-2007 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
I went back to my radeon x300 and replaced my 375 watt power supply with a 550 watt. At the same time I put the quadro fx 3450 back in my computer, only for it to make the same dots on the screen as before. I did a little more research and found out it's burnt up, no if, ands, or buts. So I turned off my computer put the radeon x300 back in and it was working fine. I started messing around in the controls and this is when I started kicking myself for not finding these earlier. I found a "3d Open GL Settings" when I clicked on it I could Force 24-bit Z-Buffer Depth and I could Triple Buffering.
I clicked on both to see what would happen, ended up getting an error when opening Maya. So I typed the error in google and found out that Maya has trouble with triple buffering. I turned it off turned on Maya and BAM no more glitches! I can rotate, zoom, pull vertices and all of that without it lagging like a videogame on a bad system. Just by turning on the 24-Bit Z-Buffer Depth. I wonder if the power supply helped at all?
All that money spent on nothing I needed to spend it on, except maybe the power supply.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
It's a relief but its also been a stressful situation, and living on a tight budget on the moment I feel like I just waisted a lot of money that could have been used wisely. I just don't feel right selling the bad card on ebay although I was foolish enough to buy it even with the warning given.

PS
There are still a couple small glitches in maya shaded view, I can see the wire frame on both sides like it's transparent, but it's all broken up and there are a couple other little things. Obviously a better graphics card would probably help with these things.

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 17-09-2007 at 02:38 PM.