Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 15-11-2007 , 12:40 PM
sorry for the double post, but here is a rapidshare link foranyone who would actually like to see the damn thing, I forgot how crappy youtube is. :headbang:

Pretty soon I'm going to add chips and scratches and richet marks to it to make it look battle-worn, but I also needa cvlean copy.

Zip File
Barker

# 17 15-11-2007 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
****ing A man, i love the turntable, with the pixelated video it looks awesome user added image

Tone done the Glow, as at the moment looks like im going to get cancer from it :hug:

# 18 16-11-2007 , 08:17 AM

Nice!

To put all the images in one post you can use 'Imageshack' (for free image hosting):
https://imageshack.us/
Since the admins only allow about 640X480, Its also useful for posting extra big pics. Pretty useful user added image
for UV mapping see Maya help (I'm not a big expert myself)
Keep it up!
Benny

# 19 16-11-2007 , 08:30 AM
Subscriber
looks pretty good, man - but it's very hard to tell on a black background. Go to your current camera and change the environment color to a greyish color or something and that will help out I think.

nice turnaround user added image

# 20 16-11-2007 , 03:23 PM
Thanks, I'm just tweaking it now, I'm glad you all like it.
Here's the (gloved) hand For the Armor I'm making) Here it is, the low poly, at a measly 963 polys, but It ought to be bigger soon. user added image

user added image

Here's the highpoly
user added image

user added image

# 21 16-11-2007 , 10:22 PM

Going well

One thing i noticed is that the fingernail on thumb is pointing forwards. It's supposed to point about 45 degrees upwards...
Also, have you used smooth for the high poly version?
Benny

# 22 17-11-2007 , 04:52 AM
Yeah I used smooth, as well as insert edge ring, the sculpt polygon tools, merge vertices, collapse edge, the whole gambit. it's poly count is just under 3910.

Really 45 degrees upward? My thumb points either forward or maybe 20-30 degrees downward when I'm at rest. Could you post a picture of what you mean?

The lighting in these samples is pretty wierd, this is what it actually looks like.

user added image

And here is how it initially fits into the armor. It is a heavily gloved hand, and I havent plated it with armor yet, so that's why It looks bare right now.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

I kno the arms aren't in proportion, I was going to fix that by scaling up everything else.

Last edited by Agent_Dick; 17-11-2007 at 05:20 AM.
# 23 17-11-2007 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber
for a newbie...you're pretty good.....one thing you could work on is ur edges but it commin along...i hate organic so i cant talk

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 24 18-11-2007 , 11:23 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I got bored with just mechanical motion though. I had done that in strata for a month and got really sick of it. The armor has had about an hours work on it thus far, and it needs some more. The hand is good though, so, all in all, things could be worse.