Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-11-2007 , 11:27 AM

nCloth basics?

i just dived into nCloth for the first time and am curious as to why the cloth keeps falling off the poly model with which it collides. i have changed the mass and friction, painted weights on the corners of the cloth, but it still just falls right off. i haven't been able to find any decent tutorials on this type of thing. perhaps i need to mess with nCloth constraints? i don't know, any suggestions, or links to tutorials, would be appreciated user added image

# 2 11-11-2007 , 05:35 PM
could you post some pics with before and after shots to show where the problems are.

# 3 11-11-2007 , 07:13 PM
i uploaded a quicktime to youtube of what happens as it plays.

it can be viewed here: link

the particles are just something extra that was required in the scene. the problem lies with the nCloth.

# 4 11-11-2007 , 08:21 PM
I have only ever used ncloth for clothing. I model the clothing and then convert it to a ncloth. If for example I made a cape I would create it as a poly object and then convert it to a ncloth. I would then select my character and set it up as a collision object. Then I select the vertices on both the cape and around the neck of my character and constrain them. Now when I play this the cape stays attached to the character without flying off.

Good luck and hope this helps.