Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-06-2008 , 12:05 AM

Is there a command to turn off/on selecting points through the model?

Hello,

I am poly modeling working in the front, side, top viewports etc. I have points that are on the exact opposite side of the model and I'm having to select around each point I need to move. Then I have to go back into the perspective view, deselect the opposite point, then back into my other view and do my movement. This is really becoming a pain in the arse and wasting alot of time.

So my question is. Is there a command in Maya 2008 that toggles it so when I select around points it's not selecting points on the other side (through) of the model?

# 2 03-06-2008 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber

Re: Is there a command to turn off/on selecting points through the model?

Originally posted by MQStudio
Hello,

I am poly modeling working in the front, side, top viewports etc. I have points that are on the exact opposite side of the model and I'm having to select around each point I need to move. Then I have to go back into the perspective view, deselect the opposite point, then back into my other view and do my movement. This is really becoming a pain in the arse and wasting alot of time.

So my question is. Is there a command in Maya 2008 that toggles it so when I select around points it's not selecting points on the other side (through) of the model?

try,

display>custom polygon dsiplay> backface culling

and then just tick off

# 3 03-06-2008 , 12:25 AM
Awsome! thanks!