Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-05-2009 , 05:28 PM

Opening Free Tutorial .avi files

when i download any of the free tutorials on this site i get a problem. when i try to open them with windows media player all i get is the audio, so i can here the guy talking but i dont see the actual tutorial, i only see the weird lights and patterns that you usually get when you are opening up a music file. o and i can watch the MPEG files but no avi. what do i do in order to watch them

# 2 25-05-2009 , 05:58 PM

Re: Opening Free Tutorial .avi files

Originally posted by DigitalFear1217
when i download any of the free tutorials on this site i get a problem. when i try to open them with windows media player all i get is the audio, so i can here the guy talking but i dont see the actual tutorial, i only see the weird lights and patterns that you usually get when you are opening up a music file. o and i can watch the MPEG files but no avi. what do i do in order to watch them

You lack the codec for the file.

MPEG is just a file extension it does not say what codec, same with .AVI, its not a codec which many (because lack of knowledge) people think.

I suspect the tutorial you downloaded use what they call 'DivX' nowdays, which is a modified MPEG 4 codec (MPEG4 V2 to be specific) .

Either download the specific codec your missing or download a big pack of the most common codecs around and you wont run into the problem in the future.

Its probably this one, https://www.divx.com/en/win but I am guessing, could be wrong. user added image

Last edited by lillsnopp; 25-05-2009 at 06:08 PM.
# 3 26-05-2009 , 06:59 AM
Subscriber

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09