Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-07-2009 , 09:33 AM

Poly to Sub D and Back to poly?

Hey guyz.. I’ve just gotten my Maya 2009 and I’ve been facing this problem with Subdivision, when I used to use the previous versions of MAYA, I used to just simply covert poly to subD and back and forth.

But now it seems like I can’t do it with Maya 2009, for example when I take a Cube and subdivide it, my Cube gets smoothed. Then when I want to get back to the normal poly cube that i had before SubD, it doesn’t seem to go to back, it gives me a smoothed poly Cube which i dont want.
so how can i get the orignal shape of my SubD'ed polygon?

Help will be appreciated

# 2 09-07-2009 , 12:42 PM
EduSciVis-er
One thing to check would be under the convert sub to poly options, make sure vertex is selected... might help

# 3 10-07-2009 , 04:07 PM
oooh cool it works

thanks user added image