Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 21-01-2003 , 05:20 PM
to be honest, most of this is from my head. Is that ok??? I can look for some more blue prints if you would like. Not sure how "fictional" we can be. Please let me know if this is ok... Here is the latest, Started to mess with Carbonfiber, How does it look??? I made a procedural shader. Thanks,
Brian

BTW, when I make an engine, I will only use one airfilter and stuff.. Just haven't decided where to "install" it yet.

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 21-01-2003 at 05:23 PM.
# 17 21-01-2003 , 05:28 PM
Found another ref. Check it out, same thing as the Navy UAV. I have a couple other angles as well... I am going to change my rotors, to make them look more like these. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 18 21-01-2003 , 10:07 PM
Hey guys, here is what my engine looks like so far. It is based off of a 4 stroke engine from O.S. although its not 100% accuarate, I made it roughly consider it a sketch. If I have time I can go back and work on it. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 19 21-01-2003 , 10:38 PM
Well, here is the engine inside the Heli, not in its final position,
But, I think thats enough for today. Thansk,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 20 21-01-2003 , 10:45 PM
Kevin
great detail of work so far brian.. very nice job

# 21 22-01-2003 , 01:57 AM
That's lookin real nice

# 22 22-01-2003 , 06:32 PM
here is an update...

Please check
My (old) website!
# 23 22-01-2003 , 06:56 PM
Here is a pic of one of the servos. I really want to make as much details as I can, But I have plenty of time, Feb. hasn't even started yet!! Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 24 22-01-2003 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber
I'll be looking for the updates. They seem to come in a steady pace user added image

I have a question;
I see the "squary" shader in your pics, what is done with the texturing here? They seem tailored, as the "squares" appears as squares and not especially stretched.

Why aren't the "squary" texture stretched? How did you do that?

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 25 22-01-2003 , 07:56 PM
I used maya's default checkerd shader, then I did a planner texture on all of the flat sides, (left and right got the same ones, so did top and bottom) and for the cylnders, I used cylendrical maping. Umm... Takes some time to get it right and can get aggervating (especially on curved surfaces, because you have to keep on constantly selecting faces and applying the textures,but it works. Working on a wireless camera for it right now.. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 26 22-01-2003 , 09:02 PM
Here is my wireless camera.... Well, not entirely wireless, Has a transmitter, I could have used one of those "pin hole" wireless cameras, but I like the style of these cameras more. Its based on a Sony model. Textures and bump definetly not done yet...Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 27 22-01-2003 , 10:00 PM
Here it is with the camera installed (not in final positions) one on top and one looking down for photos, surveillance, ect... All still needs texturesuser added image, Still need to model the receives, other servos, the Rotor, The Transmitters for the cameras, and other on board circuitry. geeze. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 28 22-01-2003 , 10:01 PM
forgot the image.... sorry. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 29 22-01-2003 , 10:07 PM

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
to be honest, most of this is from my head. Is that ok??? I can look for some more blue prints if you would like. Not sure how "fictional" we can be. Please let me know if this is ok...

You can use your imagination as long as the model is done in the spirit and in respect to the current competition topic. Asking to create exact replicas would be too much. Even finding decent blueprints is sometimes quite hard.

You're doing just fine user added image Keep up the good work.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 30 22-01-2003 , 10:12 PM
Thanks Kevin. The only thing that is on mine so far that I know of that dosen't really make any sense, would be my watercooled system, becuase evethough it is a 4 stroke engine, it is still Air Cooled. So... I think I will take that and the required tubing out, atleast it will save on rendering times!! Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!