Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-01-2003 , 12:54 AM
Subscriber

creating a feather

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

Can someone advise and give me some tips on how I can go about creating a feather? I want to create a hummingbird and I already have the body down but not sure how to go about creating wings with feather.

Any advises are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trimeister

# 2 21-01-2003 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
well if you want to create a really detaile feather you could model a polygon cylinder for the centre and then create curves and apply paintfx to them but if you want lots of feathers it might take awhile to render i can explain more if you want to go this way
or the cylinder could be the bird and you could make long curves as feathers : did this quick to show you

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 21-01-2003 , 03:53 AM
Well, if you consider the SEVERE motion-blured animation of the feathers of a typical hummingbird, I would suggest simply 2d texture maps of medium-high res feather images.

Just an ideauser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 21-01-2003 , 04:59 AM
Subscriber
Thank you sooo much for your suggestions from both of you. I will give this a try and let you guys know the result.

Thanks again.

# 5 21-01-2003 , 03:46 PM
Good luck, and let's see it when you get far enoughuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com