Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-01-2003 , 08:08 PM

University degree advice?

I've applied to two degree course. The first is a BA Computer Animation course at Teesside University (Middlesbrough, UK) and the second a BA Computer Visualisation & Animation course at Bournemouth University (Brounemouth, UK).

I wanna know if anyone here has taken any of these, of know someone who has. And are the facilities good...etc Just need a bit advice.

# 2 23-01-2003 , 10:31 PM
As far as I'm aware the Bournemouth course is the best in the country. They have regular lectures by staff at ILM and (i believe) Alias|Wavefront

I've also applied for the Bournemouth one too

# 3 23-01-2003 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
Yeah Bournemouth is the one you want so im told. Its a unique course. It's both creative and scientific based so u need a good level of maths - while at the same time making sure u have a broad portfolio. Im soon finishing my degree in Multimedia Design (in Leicester). Cant wait! Its taken its toll on me lol

Good luck with ur applications btw

# 4 24-01-2003 , 01:08 AM
SM Alumni

Im soon finishing my degree in Multimedia Design (in Leicester). Cant wait! Its taken its toll on me lol

I know the feeling.. this time last year I was in the same boat (but different uni user added image ) - is one hell of a feeling once its all done and dusted. Is also nice to have the luxury of sleeping again...

The Teeside course has got a pretty reasonable reputation too - second to Bournemouth I believe its one of the longest running animation degrees in the uk.. I have a friend who went there a few years back and he said good things about it.

With Bournemouth I think they want to see both very strong artistic and math skills in applicants as its quite a technical course.
One of our forum members (cant remember which one) is studying there at the moment - hopefully he'll see this thread and offer us some enlightenment user added image

# 5 25-01-2003 , 12:35 AM
cool, thank for the info

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....